Monday, August 30, 2010

7 days, no phone calls.

So, I spent a while writing a pretty good blog the other night and when I went to publish it, "Oops, something has happened. We can't fing the requested page". Ugh. I needed a few days after that. I was pretty mad. Needless to say, this one will be copied before I push that little button down there.

 Its been over a week now(9 days to be exact) since Daniel left. He has made stops in different places and finally has arrived at his new dusty home away from home. This deployment has proven, already, to be much different from the last one. He is in the exact same place he went to in 08 but, instead of 200 people at this camp (which patrols a place the size of Texas) this time there is over 4000. Phone lines are a 3 hour wait and computer is 2 for 15min of usage. He was a night time battle captain last time and his hours were such that nobody was at the phone/internet tent when he got off of work. We were able to talk for hours most nights. I think that spoiled me. That is not even close to how things are unfolding this go around. I have yet to hear his voice in a full week now. Thankfully, I have gotten little messages here and there on facebook but nothing compares to hearing him say, " I Love You " rather than reading it. BUT, I will definitely take what I can get at this point. Im greatful from any kind of word from him.

Our daughter is having a tough time. She is an all out daddy's girl. He is such a fantastic father. So much so that she is go through a range of emotions. She can be happy one minute. Making pictures for daddy and telling anyone who will listen that her daddy loves her and will come home soon. To, out of nowhere, being mad & stomping off with her arms folded and pouty face in tow. Saying, " Im mad at daddy. Hmph. Daddy left me, Im mad at him". Sometimes, something will happen ( a fall or booboo) and she cries out for him. Inconsoleable for hours at a time. I reassure her as best I can. Constantly telling her that daddy loves her and will come home when he is done working. That he is helping people to have a better life and we should be so proud that he is doing something so powerfully generous. That she is so brave and sweet for sharing her daddy so he could help. I tell her how proud of her I am and how daddy can't wait to come home, scoop her up in his arms and give her the biggest hug and kiss she has ever gotten. It seems to help but, she is nearly 3. Sometimes its hard for her to comprehend.

   Im hanging in there. Trying to stay busy to keep my mind from wandering. Ive engulfed myself into hobbies and interests; however I cant seem to finish a single one. I have spent a lot of time hanging out with my neighbor and letting all (9 kids between the two of us!) of the kiddos play. Her husband is here for now but will also be deploying again soon. Ive realized just how important and comforting it really is to live out here. Closer to base and with other women who go through these kinds of lives. Last time was so different. In SO many ways. Im thankful to be living here and having all of these resources, activities, and programs available to myself and the kids. They will begin some of the CYSS programs to keep them busy too. So far, we have just spent a lot of time getting adjusted to the new school year and establishing the routine once again. After than is in place and they are comfortable, we will add a new feature to our day.

 While sitting here writing this, I get a text (because you ladies know just how important communication is) from facebook saying Daniel posted something on my wall. Thank goodness I am here on the computer. I instantly jumped to FB and was able to have our 1st back and forth conversation in over a week. I can't even begin to express the comfort I feel at this moment. Just to know he is ok. I am so thankful and happy. It was short lived but honestly, aren't they all? The "non-english speaking gentleman" told him his time was up. We have to take it in stride though. There are so many still in line waiting to give the gift I was just allowed to have. Waiting to talk with the ones left behind to keep thing together and comfort, love, and reassure them. I have an intense sense of pride in my husband. I always have. He has been in the Army the whole time I have known him and honestly, will probably go career. Its his dream and I will support him and stand by him through it all. Even when it S-U-C-K-S! lol 

I will be able to sleep tonight. Maybe even fall asleep before midnight. It truely is the little things in an Army Wife's life that make things worth while. It may seem insignificant to others but we undertand not taking things for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment